Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are resident in the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland. Proof of age and identity may be required. Entry to the Competition is free.
- Employees of Hestview Limited, At The Races, and Infinity Works Consulting involved in the operation of the Competition are not eligible to win prizes.
- In order to enter the Competition players are required to register a Sky Games account on selector.attheraces.com or its related mobile apps, upon becoming available (the “Mobile Apps”). Only one account is allowed per person. Multiple accounts will be closed. Only one entry per Competition is allowed per person. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that multiple accounts have been opened by or are under the control of the same person, all such accounts shall be closed and all entries by such player and/or accounts will be disqualified from participating in the Competition or receiving any prizes. Players are required to register in their own name and any player found to be registering in the name of any other person will be disqualified.
- Players will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Competition. These terms and conditions will apply for the duration of the Competition
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter (Hestview Limited and At The Races) will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s personal details for the purpose of administering this Competition. By opting in to receive marketing communications, you agree that Hestview Limited, Sky Betting and Gaming and their group companies may use the details you give us to contact you about each of our products and services that may be of interest to you. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting us on 0330 024 4777 or email@example.com. You can also click on the "unsubscribe" link in direct marketing emails from us.
- To take part in each At The Races Selector Competition (the “Competition”), a player must select one horse in all the races shown in each Competition and also submit an answer to the tie-break question before submitting their Competition entry. Each Competition shall consist of either six or seven races, as solely determined by the Promoter.
- Competition selections must be made before the official scheduled off-time of the first Competition race.
- Players can edit their Competition selections up to the official scheduled off-time of the first Competition race.
- If a player selects a non-runner, their selection automatically transfers on to the SP favourite in that race. If there are joint or co favourites in that race, their selection becomes the joint or co favourite with the lowest racecard number.
- The Competition closes before the start time of the first race in the Competition. Once each Competition in the week has closed entrants cannot change their weekly predictions for that Competition. Once an entry has been submitted, it can be changed before the closing time via the Website or Mobile Apps (upon becoming available).
- The Competition prize winners will be determined as follows:
- Friday’s and Sunday’s Jackpot Competition: In order to win the Friday and/or Sunday Competition Jackpot Prize of £5,000 (unless otherwise specified), a player must correctly select all 7 winners which take part in a Competition comprising of 7 races, or a player must correctly select all 6 winners which take part in a Competition comprising of 6 races (as applicable) of the Competition races. If two or more players select all 7 winners in a Competition comprising of 7 races or all 6 winners in a Competition comprising of 6 races (as applicable), then the winner is the player who gets closest to the answer of the tie-break question. If a tie-break cannot settle players, then the Competition prize will be split equally amongst those players. The £5,000 prize (unless otherwise specified) can only be won if all seven Competition races or all six Competition races (as applicable) are run (no abandoned races). See clause 16 below for prize details if any Competition race does not run. In the event there is no winner of the £5,000 prize in any Competition round (for example a Friday or Sunday round) the following round shall increase by £1,000 or any other amount (at the discretion of the Promoter). For example, if there is no winner of the £5,000 prize in a Competition round on Friday, the prize for the Competition round on Sunday shall increase to £6,000 or any other amount (at the discretion of the Promoter).
Game Consolation: If there is no winner of a Friday, Sunday or any other race day added by the Promotor, of a Competition Jackpot Prize (see clause 11.i), then a Consolation Prize of £500 (unless otherwise specified) will be awarded to the best performing player. The best performing player is decided by the performance ranking in a seven race Competition or in a six race Competition (as applicable), in descending order, below:
Seven race Competition
- 6 wins, 1 placed
- 6 wins, 0 placed, 1 unplaced
- 5 wins, 2 placed
- 5 wins, 1 placed, 1 unplaced
- 5 wins, 0 placed, 2 unplaced
- 4 wins, 3 placed
- 4 wins, 2 placed, 1 unplaced
- 4 wins, 1 placed, 2 unplaced
- 4 wins, 0 placed, 3 unplaced
- 3 wins, 4 placed
- 3 wins, 3 placed, 1 unplaced
- 3 wins, 2 placed, 2 unplaced
- 3 wins, 1 placed, 3 unplaced
- 3 wins, 0 placed, 4 unplaced
Six race Competition
- 5 wins, 1 placed
- 5 wins, 0 placed, 1 unplaced
- 4 wins, 2 placed
- 4 wins, 1 placed, 1 unplaced
- 4 wins, 0 placed, 2 unplaced
- 3 wins, 3 placed
- 3 wins, 2 placed, 1 unplaced
- 3 wins, 1 placed, 2 unplaced
- 3 wins, 0 placed, 3 unplaced
- 2 wins, 4 placed
- 2 wins, 3 placed, 1 unplaced
- 2 wins, 2 placed, 2 unplaced
- 2 wins, 1 placed, 3 unplaced
- 2 wins, 0 placed, 4 unplaced
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be settled using the tie-break question. If a tie-break cannot settle winners, then the prize will be awarded to the player who submitted their Competition entry earliest of those players, who are tied for first place and achieved a correct tie-break answer. The time of entry will be determined as per the timestamp on each player’s entry held on Infinity Works Consulting servers. The timestamp on a player’s entry will reflect the time that the player submitted their entry. If the player edited their entry after first submission but before the game round closed then the timestamp will reflect the time that the final edit was confirmed by the player. The £500 prize (unless otherwise specified) can only be won if all seven Competition races are run (no abandoned races). See clause 16 below for prize details if any Competition race does not run.
- Additional Prizes and Competitions: Additional prizes, specials and/or Competitions may be introduced during the Competition and/or each week at the discretion of the Promoter. These will be in addition to the prizes and/or Competitions outlined above. In the event that additional prizes and/or Competitions are introduced, the Promoter will publish and notify players of any additional terms and conditions as they may be applicable.
- The winning distance that decides the tie-break question is settled as per Press Association Sport.
- If any Competition race is postponed, abandoned or not completed the race will be considered void. If only six Competition races are completed in a seven race Competition or only five Competition races are completed in a six race Competition for any reason during any round, the Jackpot Competition prize available for that round will be reduced to £500. If only five Competition races are completed in a seven race Competition or only four Competition races are completed in a six race Competition during any round the Jackpot Competition prize available for that week will be reduced to £250. If four or less Competition races are completed in a seven race Competition or only three or less Competition races are completed in a six race Competition during any Competition round, there shall be no prize available and the Competition round shall be deemed void. If 6 or fewer races comprise a seven race Competition or only 5 or fewer races comprise six race Competition, then the Game Consolation Prize will not be available.
- If any Competition race is postponed, abandoned or not completed, the race will be considered void, and no players will be eligible for the Game Consolation Prize.
- Free bet prizes will not be offered to players who have had an account suspended or closed by Sky Betting and Gaming or At The Races for any reason.
- There is no cash alternative to the non-cash prizes and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- The Promoter will not be liable for prizes that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- Winners will be notified by email or telephone registered on their account. It is each player’s sole responsibility to ensure that their contact details are up to date. Winners will be required to verify (with evidence satisfactory to the Promoter) their age, identity, residence and other requested verification information to the satisfaction of the Promoter before they are eligible to receive a prize. Any public announcement (including on Sky properties (TV, online etc.)) will be pending verification unless otherwise stated and should not be considered final confirmation.
- If any player is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, verify their registration information to the satisfaction of the Promoter, has been found to have breached these terms and conditions by the Promoter or cannot be contacted within five (5) Business Days (a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that player (and their eligibility to receive any prizes under the Competition) and award the prize to another participant, if applicable.
- Entry into the Competition constitutes permission for Hestview Ltd and/or their associated, affiliated, partnered and/or subsidiary companies to use the names and photographs of participants for publicity purposes at its discretion. All winners may be required to participate in such publicity without further compensation as the Promoter reasonably requires.
- Allow 45 days for prizes for payment and delivery of prizes.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Under no circumstances can a user submit their entry via e-mail.
Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated and partner companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
- any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prizes, promotions, Competition or relevant racing fixtures beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control;
- any technical failures or unavailability of the Competition Website, Mobile Apps (upon becoming available) or other related platforms;
- obvious errors or omissions relating to the awarding of prizes; or
- for any act or default of any third party supplier including without limitation errors relating to fixtures and scoring data.
- The terms and conditions of any third party supplier will apply to the prize where applicable.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions are or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter's decision is final and legally binding on all entrants in relation to all aspects of the Competition including (without limitation) allocation of the prizes and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with the Competition’s rules or terms and conditions will be disqualified and will not be eligible to receive any prizes.
- The promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is Hestview Limited, a company incorporated in England with company number 1100741, whose principal place of business is at 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4AP, and, Attheraces Limited, a company incorporated in England with company number 03896585, whose principal place of business is at Millbank Tower, 21 24 Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP.
Submission of entries
Limitation of Liability
Please note that Apple inc. is no way linked or associated with this or any other competitions/content run in the Mobile Apps (upon becoming available).
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 27 September 2017.